Hydraulic Fracturing Flow Back Additive
US Patent No. 7998911, Canadian Patent No. 2742256
NanoSurf™ 969 is a “Green” micro-emulsion flow back additive for fracturing applications. All the ingredients meet California Proposition 65 requirements and it is specially designed to improve production for unconventional gas shale reservoirs and for tight oil reservoirs.
NanoSurf™ 969 can be used between 0.1% - 3.0% by weight where low permeability limits production such as tight gas, coal bed methane and shale formations and provides the following advantages:
- Reduces damage caused by phase trapping from imbibed water
- Increases regained permeability to gas and improves gas recovery
- Lowers interfacial tension between the aqueous and oil phase
- Enhances hydrocarbon and condensate mobilization and recovery
- Assists in removing near wellbore deposits
- Assists in removing filter cake after drilling operations
- Enhances the penetration and clean up after acid treatments
- Improves the flow back of water based fracturing fluids
- Biodegradable and non-toxic
Winterized version available (pour point < -25°F)
The Figures below illustrate the effect on relative permeability using NanoSurf™969.